In what must feel like a kick in the gut to our Canadian friends, Morrissey’s facebook page announced that the first two shows, and maybe more, of his Canadian tour have been cancelled (to be rescheduled in October).
The statement goes on to say
Due to a medical emergency stemming from an accident incurred while traveling in Europe, Morrissey will be forced to postpone his performances in Vancouver to October 14th and 15th, 2019. Spirits are high and the artist is on the path to a swift recovery. All tickets will be valid for the new date and exchanges will not be necessary. Thank you for your understanding. Morrissey looks forward to making his long-awaited return to the city and wishes to deeply thank everyone for their patience. All remaining dates on Morrissey’s tour will resume as planned, commencing in Toronto on Friday Apr 26
While that message only mentions the Vancouver dates, the other dates are in question given the message that the tour will commence on April 26
- 4 Apr 2019 Vancouver, BC – Orpheum Theatre (Postponed)
- 15 Apr 2019 Vancouver, BC – Orpheum Theatre (Postponed)
- 17 Apr 2019 Calgary, AB – Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (Postponed ?)
- 18 Apr 2019 Edmonton, AB – Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (Postponed ?)
- 20 Apr 2019 Saskatoon, SK – TCU Place (Postponed ?)
- 22 Apr 2019 Winnipeg, MB – Centennial Concert Hall (Postponed ?)
We stumbled across this website that documents all Morrissey cancelled dates in his touring history. It’s interesting to see just how much it has happened. While we have no doubt that his emergency is legit, it does make you have to be very careful about plans to see him in concert these days. At a minimum, I’m not sure I’d travel or incur a lot of non-reimbursable expenses in the process
Support Strangeways Radio on Patreon.