On this day in history (March 2, 1987), Siouxsie And The Banshees released their 8th studio album Through The Looking Glass featuring the singles This Wheel’s On Fire and The Passenger. This album is a collection of all cover songs, inspired by David Bowie’s Pin Ups covers album. The band chose material to cover from the early 1970’s, preceding the formation of the band. The songs were covers of tracks from artists who influenced them including Roxy Music, John Cale, Iggy Pop, The Doors and Kraftwerk.
This Wheel’s On Fire
- This Town Ain’t Big Enough For The Both Of Us (Sparks)
- Hall Of Mirrors (Kraftwerk)
- Trust In Me
- This Wheel’s On Fire (Bob Dylan)
- Strange Fruit (Billie Holiday)
- You’re Lost Little Girl (The Doors)
- The Passenger (Iggy Pop)
- Gun (John Cale)
- Sea Breezes (Roxy Music)
- Little Johnny Jewel (Television)
Support Strangeways Radio on Patreon.