On this day in history (October 14, 1977), David Bowie released his 12th studio album Heroes. This album features the singles Heroes and Beauty And The Beast and features one of his most recognizable album covers.
Here is some interesting trivia about Heroes, according to NME.
- Heroes was the only album of the “Berlin Trilogy” actually fully recorded in Berlin.
- The title track Heroes only managed to peak at 24 in the UK charts and failed to make the US Billboard top 100, despite being one of his most popular songs.
- Bowie plays five instruments, sings background vocals and produced the album.
- The title track Heroes was inspired by a romance between a couple that Bowie saw by the Berlin wall.
- The first note of V-2 Schneider was a mistake. They decided to keep it as is in the official release.
- Beauty And The Beast
- Joe The Lion
- Sons Of The Silent Age
- V-2 Schneider
- Sense Of Doubt
- Moss Garden
- The Secret Life Of Arabia
- Named NME Album Of The Year
- Peaked at #3 in the UK Album charts
- Peaked at #35 in the US Billboard 200 charts
Support Strangeways Radio on Patreon.