This is Volume 2 in the mix series of songs that sound like they would be included in a modern day John Hughes Soundtrack. I used a few different approaches in picking songs. Some of these songs might perfectly fit in one of his 80s masterpieces while others are guesses how the sounds that he covets might have evolved over the years.
A fun game to play is to take these songs and see if you can match them to a scene in one of his movies. For example, which song would be playing when Duckie is riding his bike by Andie’s house? I would love to hear some of your ideas in the comments section below, along with what other songs you think would fit on a modern day John Hughes soundtrack.
- Andrew McCluskey – A Million Stars
- FOPmusic – Freedom
- NYVES – Just Give Up
- Electro Sensitive Behavior – Michael Caine
- Empathy Test – Here Is The Place
- Bryan Ferry – Johnny And Mary
- Charm Days – Falling
- Teen Commandments – Balance
- Spandau Ballet – This Is The Love
- Le Cassette – Getaway
- Trevor Something – Do You Remember?
- Gateway Drugs – Young Lover
- Neil Francis – Ghost (I Surrender)
- Propolis – Comfort In The Kiss
- FFANGS – Stay Alive
- Editors – Marching Orders
Support Strangeways Radio on Patreon.